Anti-Financial Crime for RegTechs
Purpose of Programme
● Gain an understanding of key financial crime risks and where different RegTech products come in.
● Understand what compliance officers think about and look for when it comes to risk mitigation and choosing solutions.
● Understand the principles of a risk-based approach, due diligence measures, screening, ongoing monitoring and key regulatory considerations for electronic ID&V.
Module 1: Financial Crime Overview
● Financial crime types
● Key regulations and industry guidance
● The financial crime function
Module 2: Principles of a Risk-Based Approach
● Risk-Based Approach
● Customer Risk Assessment and Risk Examples
● Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment and Risk Appetite
Module 3: Principles of CDD and eIDV
● CDD principles and regulation
● Enhanced Due Diligence
● Manual and Automated Solutions
Module 4: Principles of Screening
● Overview of customer screening regulation and key definitions and types of screening
● Best practice in screening by type (sanctions, PEPs, watchlist and adverse media)
● Approaches to customer screening and core challenges with implementation
● Customer screening across different client segments
Module 5: Principles of Ongoing Monitoring
● Overview of monitoring and reporting requirements
● Decision making and escalations as part of transaction monitoring
● Approaches to ongoing monitoring and core challenges with implementation
● Information required to meaningfully report financial crime
Module 6: Stakeholder Engagement and Horizon Scanning
● Stakeholder engagement tips
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
● Understand the different financial crime types including money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, bribery and corruption, sanctions evasion, market manipulation and cybercrime and what impact they may have on RegTech customers.
● Understand where RegTechs fit into the anti-financial crime landscape and how they can help their customers manage risk and meet regulatory expectations.
● Understand what the fincrime function is at a firm and who makes decisions when it comes to choosing third party technology solutions.
● Understand what eIDV is and the associated risks with non face-to-face onboarding.
● Understand what a risk based approach is and how RegTech customers apply this.
● Understand the principles of a risk based approach, screening, eIDV, due diligence and ongoing monitoring.
● 12 October 2022
● S$750 per pax
About the Trainer
Sara has over 6 years experience working in FCC roles across a range of financial products including FX and payments, Private Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking (ex Credit Suisse, CurrencyCloud). She is also experienced in Financial Crime Operations, Transaction Monitoring, SAR reporting and Anti-Money Laundering investigations. Sara has over 3 years experience training range of financial services businesses on antifinancial crime (AFC) training and agile project delivery. She has worked with a range of financial institutions designing AFC frameworks for emerging products, testing and implementation of third party AFC solutions, and conducting audits on financial crime control frameworks. She is a graduate of BA War Studies; combines an academic background in geopolitics with professional experience in financial crime compliance.