Anti-Money Laundering Considerations
Purpose of Programme
● Explain the how, what and why money is laundered, and terrorism is financed
● Provide an overview of the international, regional and domestic bodies that combat money laundering and terrorism financing in the financial services sector
● Provide an understanding of the various risks and vulnerabilities that specific financial services products face
● Explain what a risk-based approach is and how to apply this
● Provide an overview of an AML/CTF control framework and how to apply this
● Module 1: What is ML and TF? What is Financial Crime?
● Module 2: Regulatory Expectations and Developments
● Module 3: Vulnerabilities and Risks of the Financial Sector
● Module 4: AML/CFT and the Risk-Based Approach (RBA)
● Module 5: Overview of the AML/CTF Control Framework for Financial Services
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
● Understand what money laundering and terrorist financing is and how these activities take place.
● Understand the similarities and differences between ML and TF.
● Understand the wider financial crime landscape including fraud, bribery and corruption, sanctions evasion, tax evasion and market manipulation.
● Obtain an understanding of the regulatory landscape including what the primary money laundering offences are. Know where to obtain information regarding best practice and industry standards relating to the financial services sector and AML/CFT.
● Understand the specific risks and red flags relating to different financial products and services.
● Understand what a risk based approach is and how to conduct an AML/CFT risk assessment.
● Understand what the concept of digital identity is and how it is used.
● Develop an understanding of ‘what good looks like’ from an AML/CFT control framework perspective for the financial services sector.
● 6+ years experience working in FCC roles across a range of financial products including FX and payments, Private Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking (ex Credit Suisse, CurrencyCloud)
● Financial Crime Operations experience in Transaction Monitoring, SAR reporting and Anti-Money Laundering investigations.
● 3+ years experience training range of financial services businesses on anti-financial crime (AFC) training and agile project delivery.
● Worked with a range of financial institutions designing AFC frameworks for emerging products, testing and implementation of third party AFC solutions, and conducting audits on financial crime control frameworks.
● BA War Studies; combines an academic background in geopolitics with professional experience in financial crime compliance.
● 9 September 2022
● S$750 per pax