Introduction to Anti-Money Laundering Crypto Risk Management
Purpose of Programme
● Gain an understanding of key financial crime risks and how virtual assets (VAs) and virtual asset service providers (VASPs) may be used abused by criminals.
● Understand Singapore’s VA and VASP regulatory framework and key guidance and industry best practice.
● Understand the key regulatory considerations relating to the AML/CTF control framework including the risk-based approach, business-wide risk assessment, Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and ongoing monitoring principles, reporting and training and ongoing awareness.
Module 1 – What is a VASP?
● What is a Virtual Asset Service Provider
● Introduction to Singapore’s Regulatory Framework
● Introduction to Singapore’s VASP’s AML/CTF obligations
Module 2 – Financial Crime Overview
● Overview of different financial crime types
● Financial crime and Cryptocurrencies
Module 3 – VASPs AML/CTF obligations
● Overview of a risk-based approach and its elements
● Business risk assessment
● Customer risk assessment
● Customer Due Diligence
● Transaction Monitoring
● Suspicious Transaction Reporting
Module 4 – Regulatory landscape
● FATF and its Recommendations
● Singapore’s AML/CTF Crypto landscape
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
● Understand the different financial crime types including money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, bribery and corruption, sanctions evasion and market manipulation.
● Understand the financial crime risks associated with virtual assets (VAs) and virtual asset service providers (VASPs).
● Understand Singapore’s cryptocurrency regulatory landscape and framework.
● Understand what a risk based approach is and the wider financial crime framework including due diligence and ongoing monitoring, reporting, training and ongoing awareness.
● 19 October 2022
● S$488 per pax
About the Trainer
Sara Abbasi, Senior Consultant, FINTRAIL
Sara has over 6 years experience working in FCC roles across a range of financial products including FX and payments, Private Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking (ex Credit Suisse, CurrencyCloud). She is also experienced in Financial Crime Operations, Transaction Monitoring, SAR reporting and Anti-Money Laundering investigations. Sara has over 3 years experience training range of financial services businesses on antifinancial crime (AFC) training and agile project delivery. She has worked with a range of financial institutions designing AFC frameworks for emerging products, testing and implementation of third party AFC solutions, and conducting audits on financial crime control frameworks. She is a graduate of BA War Studies; combines an academic background in geopolitics with professional experience in financial crime compliance.